As part of the students First Year Experience, students take a compulsory Research Instruction workshop.
Students will be enrolled in sessions in https://lms.auk.edu.kw/login/index.php in which they will be able to answer a related worksheet.
A pass stamp will be granted for students who fulfill the requirements of the workshop.
Students will be able to:
- Distinguish between the various types of information resources in order to select appropriate materials for class assignments.
- Discover “Wikipedia-like” tools in order to provide them with multiple lenses for finding background information on their topic.
- Identify keywords in order to conduct successful online searches.
- Devise effective and efficient search strategies to find a range of relevant information resources.
- Conduct catalog and EDS (EBSCO Discovery Service) searches in order to find and locate materials available in the library
- Evaluate the information resources to reduce the likelihood of using unreliable information.