Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Information Literacy Sessions
- Research instructional sessions - FYE
- Course-specific research workshops
- Research Assistance
- Email inquiries
- One-on-one virtual consultations (Zoom\WebEx\MS Teams)
Our Reference and Instruction Librarians
Research Instruction Workshop
As part of the students First Year Experience, students take a compulsory Research Instruction workshop.
Students will be enrolled in sessions in https://lms.auk.edu.kw/login/index.php in which they will be able to answer a related worksheet.
A pass stamp will be granted for students who fulfill the requirements of the workshop.
Students will be able to:
- Distinguish between the various types of information resources in order to select appropriate materials for class assignments.
- Discover “Wikipedia-like” tools in order to provide them with multiple lenses for finding background information on their topic.
- Identify keywords in order to conduct successful online searches.
- Devise effective and efficient search strategies to find a range of relevant information resources.
- Conduct catalog and EDS (EBSCO Discovery Service) searches in order to find and locate materials available in the library
- Evaluate the information resources to reduce the likelihood of using unreliable information.